Friday, May 3, 2013

Quickie Post: My Past 10 Days



It could be that the weather is getting better. Or it could be something else; me making a conscious effort to get out more! Over the past week and a half I have been busy going from event to event. It started Tuesday when I had a photo shoot with +Maria U. The following day I attended the Women's Business to Business Networking Event organized by +Dwania Peele (Canadian Small Business Women). Not only was I able to network and sell a few copies of my book, I also was given an amazing opportunity to speak briefly at the event. 

This takes me to the following Monday where I attended an art exhibit in Toronto called ALIVE by Camille Lauren. I had no intention of selling my books, but since I always carry copies with me, I was able to sell a few there as well. I was also given a free (and unexpected) shout out by the MC, Jordon Veira ‏(twitter: @JVDaPoet). Again, at this event I was able to network. 

On Wednesday I had another event which was catered to entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. There we had the pleasure of listening to guest speaker Nikki Clarke of The Nikki Clarke Show. She was a great a speaker, giving a wealth of information. I was also able to network at this event. 

I have a few events this weekend as well, but I have to say I am happy with the progress that I have been making. 

Note to self, and note to you, attend as many (relevant) events as possible, and always have a copy of your book. Imagine me telling someone, “Oh, I wrote this booked called, What If the World Had No Colour?” and when they ask to see it I respond with, “Oh, umm I did not bring a copy with me...” I do not want to end up in that situation, because then it becomes a missed opportunity. 

I will continue to keep you posted on my progress and other GREAT opportunities coming up.

Until next time!


Twitter
Follow me @Jess_alex88

Follow the company @UponAStarBooks


Facebook

'Like' Pages:

Jessica Alex

Upon A Star Books Inc.

www.uponastarbooks.ca




2 comments:

  1. What a way to spend your last 10 days! I wish you all the best and I hope you have a very productive next 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dwania, thank you - I really appreciate it! I definitely look forward to attending more of your events! What you have been putting together is very helpful to a lot of small business women, including me!

      Delete